I think it was over summer 2008 that I wrote this, while I was going nowhere, working at the dining halls at UC Berkeley and wasting my time. I started with the first line and took it from there. It seems to me, like many of my poems and songs to have a certain choppy indifference, I like the symbolism, but it's lacking, maybe it's a dream that died itself, haha. It was influenced by Graceland by Paul Simon and Sweet Child of Mine by GNR. It seemed so epic when I wrote it, that's what marijuana can do, marijuana, depression and romantic attachment- the kind of love that muses about it's certain failure, instead of sticking your dick out-- metaphorically-- and going for it. This is not how to rock out with your cock out, its how to be sad, trying to gain consolation from beauty, cold beauty though, not warm wavy chaotic beauty. It's overly passive, and obviously depressing, though it ends with an ambiguous sentiment.
MANY DREAMS HAVE BEEN DEAD
Many dreams, have been dead my girl
Spilled from my head hang halfway in words
no longer stir, sit- still on the sill of the
win-dow to my soul.
Where do I go- where do I go from here?
Ferry me to Pharos,
Cast off veiling shadows,
now I see what matters,
Meet me at the meadow
Amid serene green scenery
we'll find meaning in the machinery
underlying our lives.
You helped make my escape,
from the lonely valley.
Down some unknown back alley,
we'll dodge and duck,
and learn from our mistakes.
Redeem my soul astray,
Rid me of my evil ways,
Inspire me the courage to change,
Provide me wise words to say.
MANY dreams HAVE BEEN dead STILL I dream SOME MORE
(refrain)
No comments:
Post a Comment
What do you think?