Thursday, September 5, 2013

Song #2 All that you are

One of the ones I wrote during my depressive romantic period with the muse of a certain GSI Girl.  I was yearning for an older woman to show me the ways of living, to make me feel secure as I faced adulthood, a symbiont, perhaps a surrogate for the absent(minded) mother I always had growing up.  Typical dependent romantic sentiment, some slight troubadorism and chivalry, angst-laden, all the hallmarks of romantic dependent love- in other words romance served as an outlet of expression for other facets of my life- unsorted childhood issues, ideas of inadequacy (f I only had a vauable partner to validate my existence nad bolster my self-esteem), lacking a direction (perhaps from lack of conifeince and lack of exploration; from being stifled)- and sure, strong hormones and emotions(feelings of romance) that I had not experienced before, nor had adequate counsel on.  Most of this seems cheesy and misguided to me now, but there are a few things I like.  I had just started to write how much I like the idea of loving someone for "all" that they are, but then hesitated on my endorsement- isn't that a little too accommodating and passive?  Can't part of a healthy relationship be the mutual development of each other- the selection and encouragemnt of certain parts?  What does "loving someone for all that they are" mean?  Can it be active? In loving all of somone can you encourage certain sides, parts, tendencies? Another point is that you can never realy know "all" of somone, so how can you love them?  Are you loving their unknown? and based on what? Their known?  "Are you loving them or your ideal?" is another good question to bring up. I like the imagery of "light up our lives with a sunrise, say goodbye to the moon" that makes the implicit statement that "our lives are in darkness now, and that it's only natural that you will come with me and leave that other guy."  Rolling the dice with somone is romantic, but not smart, and a sign of instability and insecurity, lack of discipline and passivity.  Alright, that's all- for now:

All That You Are
I don't care what you done,
I don't care what you do,
If you give me the truth,
I can give you my youth,
I can give you my love...

For all that you are,
and all that you'll be,
just remem-
ber sometimes,
love don't come so eas-i-ly,
love don't come so eas-i-ly,
love don't come so eas-i-leeeee.

No one 
knows what
the future will hold,
Where will we 
go?
How old will we 
grow?

Find out-
what I'm all about,
be-
fore our time runs out!

Take my hand and then you'll see,
You'll be free when you're with me,
Take my hand and then you'll see,
You'll be free when you're with me,

Sometimes I feeeel like I'mmm 
at your feeeeet,
that I'm
somehow below...
But I'll grow! 
I'll rise to meet you,

I won't cheat you,
I won't defeat you,
I won't bleed you dry,
I won't leave you,
I'll be true,
I'll be by your side.
And if you need to cry,
I'll wipe the tears from your eyes,
I'll clear your mind of fears and lies,
and put your blues in the sky!

So now you've gotta choose,
"Am I to be with you?"
If I were you I'd be
ditchin that other dude
(cus) we can light up our lives
with a sunrise,
 we can light up our lives
with a sunrise
 we can light up our lives
with a sunrise,
say goodbye to the moon,
say goodbye to the moon,
say goodbye to the moon.



No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?